Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Writing Thank You Notes for Cash and Checks

For a graduation, wedding, birthday or other special occasion, everyone loves a big, beautiful box all wrapped up. But isn't it fun when the gift is a card, with money or a check inside?

Wondering how to write a thank you note for cash or for a check? Relax! Just follow these tips:
Use nice note cards or stationery, and hand write your note just as you would for any gift. Mail it in a timely manner. A proper thank you note should have two to three sentences. Never start a thank you not with the word "I." Always include the words "thank you." It's nice to tell the gift-giver how you will use the gift, but it's not imperative. If the person has indicated how the money is to be used, assure him or her that you will follow their wishes. Never mention the amount of the gift. If it is a large amount of money, you can refer to it as a "generous gift."

Here are some samples to help you:

Writing Thank You Notes for Cash and Checks

Wedding Note Sample #1

"No need to wonder if your gift will be used! Tyler and I have so many things we need for our new apartment, and that's why your generous check (or gift of cash) is so appreciated. We'll think of you when we go on our first shopping spree!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kindness."

Wedding Note Sample #2

"How nice of you to send Brad and me such a generous check (or gift of cash), Aunt Lois. We will indeed use it for our honeymoon, as you requested - that will be easy to do! We are looking forward to our trip to Key West and thanks to you, we will be able to see and do even more fun things. Thank you so very much.

We look forward to seeing you at the wedding!"

Graduation Note Sample #1

"Wow! Thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Simpson! Your graduation gift will certainly come in handy this fall when I enter Miami University. There are so many things I need for my dorm room and of course, there are text books to be purchased.

I really appreciate your kind gift, and I also send thanks for coming to my graduation party."

Graduation Note Sample #2

"Leave it to you to come up with the perfect gift for a new grad! Thanks so much for your nice card and note and the check (or gift of cash) you sent.

Now that I'm going into the "real world," I need so many things and your super gift will come in very handy as I contemplate getting my own apartment. I appreciate your love and support always, grandma. You're the best!"

Birthday Note Sample #1

"It was so much fun to receive your nice card and check in the mail! Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday. I have been saving up for a new ____ and your gift gets me closer to my goal."

Birthday Note Sample #2

"You sure know how to please a teenager! Thanks so much for the check you sent me, Uncle Bob. I have wanted new speakers for my computer and that's exactly how your money will be used. I really appreciate you making it a very happy birthday!"

Writing Thank You Notes for Cash and Checks
Check For The New Release in Health, Fitness & Dieting Category of Books NOW!
Check What Are The Top Cooking Books in Last 90 Days Best Cheap Deal!
Check For Cookbooks Best Sellers 2012 Discount OFFER!
Check for Top 100 Most Popular Books People Are Buying Daily Price Update!
Check For 100 New Release & BestSeller Books For Your Collection

Emily Easton is a note-writing expert, and loves to help you craft the perfect note. Her website on Wedding Thank You Notes, with wording for over 60 notes, can be found at http://www.emilyeaston.com

mobile phone watches Order 6 Square Tubing Inground Multi Pedestal Utility Best Buy Hon Products Hon Simplicity Ii Systems

0 comments:

Post a Comment